From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Glibc-2.10.1 Breaks Pdnsd
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 21:19:43
1 2009/5/18 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
2
3 > I just updated my system glibc to version 2.10.1 and this update
4 > seems to have broken my caching name server pdnsd.
5 >
6 > A caching name server stores all recent DNS lookups into a local cache
7 > so that any subsequent lookups of the same address are much faster.
8 > The caching name server I use is pdnsd because it preserves all DNS
9 > lookups at system shutdown.
10 >
11 > But now pdnsd does not work and the only change has been the new
12 > glibc update. Re-emerging pdnsd with the new glibc does not fix
13 > this. Before I file yet another bug report I want to request
14 > a confirmation. Are there any pdnsd users that have updated glibc to
15 > 2.10.1 and now have a broken pdnsd?
16 >
17 > Until this problem is resolved I have switched to using named from
18 > the BIND package as a caching name server, but named is a heavyweight
19 > compared to pdnsd and does not preserve the cache at shutdown.
20 >
21 > Frank Peters
22 >
23 > have you tried revdep-rebuild?! and rebuilding pdnsd?!
28 dott. ing. beso