From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: MAKEOPTS values for Athlon 64 X2
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:37:04
1 On Wednesday 17 January 2007 01:47, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-amd64] Re: MAKEOPTS values for Athlon 64 X2':
3 > The app in question? The old original Master of Orion game, DOS
4 > version, copyright 1993 so 14 years old now!
5
6 I was never lucky enough to play the original MOO, but I was addicted for
7 quite a while to MOO2, and for a lesser time to MOO3. If what you say
8 about MOO compared to MOO2 is correct I'd day there's a general trend
9 throughout the series that the graphics get better but the UI+Grind gets
10 worse.
11
12 I wish there was an F(L)OSS clone of that game. I'd pay 50$ for it easily.
13 Even better than that -- I'd take the 5$ I send Cedega every month and
14 send it toward the developers.
17 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
18 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
19 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
20 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh