From: Jonathan Schaeffer <joschaeffer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Ugly desktop
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 12:24:29
1 2006/1/28, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>:
4 > I think I just figured out what that text corruption problem is! I was
5 > catching up on reading the message-logs from the new portage (2.1-pre
6 > versions, ~amd64) and came across one for gtk+-2.8.10:
7 >
8 > * If you experience text corruption issues, turn off RenderAccel
9 > * in your xorg.conf. NVIDIA is working on this issue.
10 > * See http://bugs.gentoo.org/113123 for more information.
11 >
12 > That was probably what the guy referring to PANGO was talking about, as
13 > well.
14 >
15 > Of course, if NVidia released specs so Free drivers could be developed,
16 > which they might just do if more folks refused to support them until they
17 > did, then we'd not have to /wait/ for NVidia, as we could set our own
18 > priorities for how important the fix was, instead of letting our "masters"
19 > (see the sig) set our priorities for us. Well, they aren't /my/ master!
20
21 I won't say the opposite nor defend NVidia or something :) ... but I
22 just remove Nvidia acceleration, made sure no composite was loaded,
23 restarted X severall time but the problem is still here. It was worth
24 a try.
25
26 I'll read more in details the bug you referenced. Thank you.
27
28 Jonathan
31 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list