From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Heads-up: KDEers: Particularly kde3-ers,
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:58:01
1 On Tue, August 25, 2009 23:56, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
4 > On Tue, August 25, 2009 19:17, Sebastian Beßler wrote:
5 >
6 >> Volker Armin Hemmann schrieb:
9 >>> On Dienstag 25 August 2009, Sebastian Beßler wrote:
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>
13 >>>> No, because I can't use randr as randr doesn't supports my setup at
14 >>>> all. I had to deactivate randr-support in catalyst-drivers to get
15 >>>> it working. With randr only stupid bigscreen is possible. This is
16 >>>> the reason why I still stick with the closed driver, the open ones
17 >>>> only support xrandr.
18 >>>
19 >>> hm, latest catalyst do have randr-1.2 support, does that help?
20 >>
21 >> Yes, it has and I had to deactivate it to get my setup running. Do you
22 >> really read what I am writing? As I said randr doesn't support two
23 >> separated displays, only bigscreen-mode. The people programming xorg
24 >> and randr say that there is no need for the old behavior because nearly
25 >> everything can be done with randr. Nearly yes but not that what I now
26 >> have and need.
27 >
28 > Sorry to interrupt. Could you direct me how to disable xrandr for
29 > this driver? I suspect it could be the culprit of a problem I am having
30 > when updating it.
31
32 Ignore please, I found it myself. And it, indeed, solved my problem,
33 thanks a lot for the inspiration, this has been bothering me for
34 some time.
38 Jesús Guerrero