From: Brian Litzinger <brian@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Cc: markknecht@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Yahoo news video
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 20:10:04
1 On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 11:24:21AM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > On the following link
4 >
5 > http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/hurricanes_and_tropical_storms
6 >
7 > Just below the main story on the upper right there is a link for some
8 > video. I am unable to play this video so far on my AMD64 machine. I
9 > haven't got access immediately to try one of my 32-bit machines to
10 > compare.
11 >
12 > Does this work for anyone else? If so how did you manage to do it?
13 > I've emerged firefox-bin, realplayer 10.5, mplayer and lots of Java
14 > stuff. When I trace out the links it says it needs Realplayer Ver. 7.
15 >
16 > I know in the past there have been many issues with Yahoo not
17 > accepting Linux. Is that the root cause here?
18
19 I can't speak to specific links, however, I have it working.
20
21 AMD64 firefox-bin, realplayer 10.5
22
23 I am able to play the videos from 'audio/video' in the bar across
24 the top, and the ones mentioned at the bottom of the right hand
25 column under Video.
26
27 I am unable to play the video via the link
28
29 Local video from WWL-TV
30
31 At first nothing worked. I ran realplay standalone and accepted
32 the license. After that the embedded browser stuff starting working,
33 but others have reported that step is not necessary.
34
35 If I run firefox-bin from a window I get lots of output from the
36 invoked realplay session which helps.
37
38 I also have
39
40 /opt/firefox/components/nphelix.xpt
41 and
42 /opt/firefox/plugins/nphelix.so
43
44 I recall having to put them there myself.
47 Brian Litzinger
48 --
49 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list