From: "B. Nice" <anonymous.pseudonym.88@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Anyone tried xorg-server-1.2.99.901?
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 19:27:13
1 Or to tempt the flame-war that always seems to occur when comparing the
2 philosophy of Gnome vs. KDE.
3
4 Gnome provides you with what 90% of the users need, and with effort, you
5 can access most of what the rest want. KDE floods you with every
6 conceivable option and leaves it up to you to ignore the un-needed
7 cruft, and hides the option to remove the excess.
8
9 Who's right. Who cares. IMNSHO it is extremely ignorant and arrogant to
10 assume that one philosophy is superior to the other. Hopefully with the
11 major and minor Desktop Environments competing, everyone can be
12 satisfied.
13
14 Just a thought
15