From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: System Memory
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 04:00:53
1 sean posted on Wed, 02 Dec 2009 19:13:17 -0500 as excerpted:
2
3 > My video card is not integrated, and I know there are BIOS updates for
4 > my system, I have just not managed to update it.
5
6 Just be careful... I managed to fry my BIOS while updating it (due to a
7 memory stick going bad, thus writing garbage to the flash), a couple
8 months ago. Had I known the recovery procedure when it happened, I might
9 have been able to recover it, but due to lack of knowledge, I screwed
10 that up too.
11
12 I ended up on my netbook, ordering a newly flashed BIOS chip for my main
13 machine over the net from California.... Suffice it to say that I now
14 know WAYYY more than I ever wanted to know, about recovering from a bad
15 BIOS flash.
20 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman