From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: System Memory
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:00:59
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > sean posted on Wed, 02 Dec 2009 19:13:17 -0500 as excerpted:
3 >
4 >> My video card is not integrated, and I know there are BIOS updates for
5 >> my system, I have just not managed to update it.
6 >
7 > Just be careful... I managed to fry my BIOS while updating it (due to a
8 > memory stick going bad, thus writing garbage to the flash), a couple
9 > months ago. Had I known the recovery procedure when it happened, I might
10 > have been able to recover it, but due to lack of knowledge, I screwed
11 > that up too.
12 >
13 > I ended up on my netbook, ordering a newly flashed BIOS chip for my main
14 > machine over the net from California.... Suffice it to say that I now
15 > know WAYYY more than I ever wanted to know, about recovering from a bad
16 > BIOS flash.
19 Same here, I had to order a new flash chip when it happened to me. The
20 recovery procedure you mention is specific to your motherboard model?
21
22 raffaele