From: Mihir Sevak <mihir.sevak@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64]emerge make my comp slow :(
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 17:37:31
1 That is a normal behaviour. Because emerge script downloads and
2 compile the software for you and that takes lot of cpu power.
3 so don't worry..
4
5 On 8/4/06, jai kumar <jaikumar1004_in@××××××××.in> wrote:
6 > Hi all,
7 > I am new to Gentoo. I have installed gentoo firstly in may (but was not
8 > succeded to get my X working ). So that time I gave up gentoo and turned to
9 > Ubuntu. Yesterday I have successfully installed gentoo Amd64 2006.0 on my
10 > comp with X working successfully but problem is that whenever when i do a
11 > "emerge programname" my system get very slow (Even mouse didn't react). I am
12 > unable to figure out the problem.
13 > Waiting for your help.
14 >
15 > Thank You.
16 >
17 > ~jaiks
22 > Here's a new way to find what you're looking for - Yahoo! Answers
28 "How can anything be impossible when impossible itself says I M Possible???"
29 Mihir
30 --
31 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list