From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] amd64codecs masked
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 11:18:37
1 2008/11/8 Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>:
2 > On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 10:57:42 +0100
3 > Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> 2008/11/7 Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>:
6 >> >
7 >> > Hi, guys
8 >> >
9 >> > Recently, after "emerge --sync && emerge -DuN world" portage
10 >> > started to show me warning that amd64codes is masked by Mr Steve
11 >> > Dibb for security reasons [1].
12 >> >
13 >> > Yes, I have amd64codes installed as dependency of mplayer [2], but
14 >> > I'm pleased with my system now and I don't want to damage mplayer by
15 >> > uninstalling those codecs. On the other hand, of course, I don't
16 >> > want to have problematic packages installed. What should I do in
17 >> > this case?
18 >> >
19 >> >
20 >
21 > [snip]
24 >> the bug doesn't really seems very bad from the bug descrition. you
25 >> could just manually unmask the package as i did. the alternative is to
26 >> use -real and to not compile any realcodecs but you won't be able to
27 >> play wmv and rm files anymore. if you don't have that sort of files
28 >> you could just use -real and remove the amd64codecs.
31 > Thanks for the reply.
32 > I hate to unmask packages, because I forget to clean the entries
33 > when they become obsolete. It seems I'll make an exception this
34 > time.
35 >
36 just unmask the full version with
37