From: Man Shankar <man.ee.gen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] World packages
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 04:32:44
1 On 15:26 Mon 12 Jan , Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I have a few packages listed in /var/lib/portage/world that I was
4 > wondering whether they needed to be in there? Thanks in advance,
5 >
6 > 1) Emulation stuff
7 >
8 > app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-java
9 > app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-qtlibs
10 >
11 > Nothing seems to depend on them. Can I remove them?
12
13 Over here emul-linux-x86-qtlibs is a requirement for 32-bit opera on amd64.
14
15 IIRC i had read somewhere that emul-linux-x86-java is needed for 32-bit
16 firefox java plugin (cant confirm as i dont use 32bit firefox). If its in world
17 i am sure you have put it knowingly, however if you dont want to do multilib
18 you can safely remove them.
22 Regards,
23 Man Shankar <man.ee.gen(at)gmail.com>