From: Michael Moore <mikem.unet@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Fwd: [install] emerge gentoo-sources fails
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 03:07:47
1 On 19:37 Mon 20 Oct , Martin Herrman wrote:
2 > I have used slackware, redhat, mandrake and debian before (in that
3 > order) and about 2 years ago switched to Ubuntu because it was so easy
4 > to use. But it's also bloated (it is even hard to compile your own
5 > kernel) and that's why I started to use Gentoo 2 months ago on my
6 > notebook. I liked it (compared to FreeBSD: that ports system is
7 > documented so badly..)!
8
9 Surprised to hear that, because quite a lot of people (including yours
10 truly) find FreeBSD and Gentoo to be couple of the most well documented
11 systems.
12
13 So, what was the exact problem you had with the ports documentation?
17 Regards,
18 Michael Moore <mikem.unet(at)gmail.com>
19 About *NIX: If its not fun, why do it?