From: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] vmware-player fonts unreadable
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:39:33
1 I noticed that my realplayer also has the same problems, so I don't
2 think it's a vmware-specific issue...
3
4 Hmm...
5
6 On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 09:04:21AM -0500, Michael George wrote:
7 > I have tried re-running vmware-config, emerge -C of vmware player with a
8 > complete reinstall, I even tried version 1.0.3 (which wouldn't start up
9 > right), but none of that worked. The fonts for the player are still
10 > missing. BTW, I resync my portage tree daily, so it's not out of date.
11 >
12 > Does vmware-player install as binaries? I guess I didn't watch the
13 > build to see if it doesn... if so, then maybe my upgrade of the
14 > emul-linux-x86-{baselibs,xlibs,qtlibs,soundlibs,gtklibs,sdl,medialibs} might
15 > have caused the problem.
16 >
17 > ldd on vmplayer shows it as statically linked, so it's not a shared
18 > library that's the problem...
19 >
20 > qdepends shows shared-mime-info as a dependency, so I tried updating
21 > that... But that didn't help, either.
22 >
23 > I wonder if there's a dependency that is overlooked in the ebuild... Is there
24 > a way to find that out?
25 >
26 > Anyone have any other suggestions?
27 >