From: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] vmware-player fonts unreadable
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:06:23
1 I have tried re-running vmware-config, emerge -C of vmware player with a
2 complete reinstall, I even tried version 1.0.3 (which wouldn't start up
3 right), but none of that worked. The fonts for the player are still
4 missing. BTW, I resync my portage tree daily, so it's not out of date.
5
6 Does vmware-player install as binaries? I guess I didn't watch the
7 build to see if it doesn... if so, then maybe my upgrade of the
8 emul-linux-x86-{baselibs,xlibs,qtlibs,soundlibs,gtklibs,sdl,medialibs} might
9 have caused the problem.
10
11 ldd on vmplayer shows it as statically linked, so it's not a shared
12 library that's the problem...
13
14 qdepends shows shared-mime-info as a dependency, so I tried updating
15 that... But that didn't help, either.
16
17 I wonder if there's a dependency that is overlooked in the ebuild... Is there
18 a way to find that out?
19
20 Anyone have any other suggestions?
21