From: The Doctor <drwho@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] vmware-player fonts unreadable
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:49:53
1 Michael George wrote:
2 > I can run vmware-player just fine and my install of XP will run in it,
3 > but all the text is just little boxes. Luckily, I remember the
4 > important ones (exit, how to focus and release focus, etc), but I cannot
5 > change any options now.
6 >
7 > Has anyone else run into this? Is it perhaps the emulation libraries
8 > being a problem?
9
10 Yes - I ran into this with mozilla-firefox-bin (which also seems to have broken
11 Flash 9) and mplayer-bin a couple of days ago. This morning I ran an emerge -C
12 to uninstall all of the packages, re-sync'd my Portage tree, and re-emerged
13 everything. Because I'm not in the same physical location as that box, though,
14 I can't test it yet. I'll try it tonight after I get home from work, though,
15 and post my results.
19 The Doctor [412/724/301/703]
20
21 PGP: 0x807B17C1 / 7960 1CDC 85C9 0B63 8D9F DD89 3BD8 FF2B 807B 17C1
22 WWW: http://drwho.virtadpt.net/
23
24 Doko ni datte, hito wa tsunagette iru.