From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] sudden sound loss
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:22:21
1 Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
2 > I had the same problem on an NVIDIA 430, alsamixer levels ok, sound
3 > unmuted, no syslog errors, after boot sound was ok but when I tried to
4 > change the volume it muted and I had to reboot to get it back. It turned
5 > out that the default card model for the alsa driver had changed to one
6 > not compatible with mine (6 jacks vs 3 jacks). I added one option on the
7 > kernel command line ('snd-had-intel model=3stack', default is 6stack)
8 > and now it is again ok.
9 >
10 > I doubt it applies to your case, but better than nothing... You might
11 > try to check
12 > the /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt for
13 > any changes that apply to your driver.
14 >
15 > raf
19 I'll do that, but it doesn't make a lot of sense for it to work
20 flawlessly for over a month with the same configuration then suddenly
21 stop working. At least not without logging some sort of hardware
22 problem, which I'm not seeing.
25 Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
28 Mark Haney
29 Sr. Systems Administrator
30 ERC Broadband
31 (828) 350-2415
32
33 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
34 --
35 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list