From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] sudden sound loss
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:17:12
1 I had the same problem on an NVIDIA 430, alsamixer levels ok, sound
2 unmuted, no syslog errors, after boot sound was ok but when I tried to
3 change the volume it muted and I had to reboot to get it back. It turned
4 out that the default card model for the alsa driver had changed to one
5 not compatible with mine (6 jacks vs 3 jacks). I added one option on the
6 kernel command line ('snd-had-intel model=3stack', default is 6stack)
7 and now it is again ok.
8
9 I doubt it applies to your case, but better than nothing... You might
10 try to check
11 the /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt for
12 any changes that apply to your driver.
13
14 raf
15