From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Updating An Unconnected Machine
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 06:03:42
1 Frank Peters wrote:
2 > I have Gentoo installed on a machine that has no connection to
3 > the Internet. The configuration of this machine is very similar
4 > to another machine, which _has_ an Internet connection, also running
5 > Gentoo. Only the CFLAGS variable differ.
6 >
7 > Would it be possible to keep this unconnected Gentoo machine updated
8 > by simply copying the entire portage directory, including distribution
9 > files, from the connected machine?
12 I normally do that but with a different method: I copy the latest
13 portage snapshot.tar.lzma to /var/tmp/emerge-webrsync and then run
14 emerge-webrsync.