From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Virtualization/WinXP
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 00:01:31
1 2010/1/27 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
2
3 > On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:25 AM, The Doctor <drwho@××××××××.net> wrote:
5 > > Hash: SHA1
6 > >
7 > > Mark Knecht wrote:
8 > >
9 > >> The last time I looked at this (maybe a year ago?) I decided that the
10 > >> vmware-workstation would let a home user run something like two
11 > >> instances without charges. Not free in that I'm limited to something
12 > >> specific but no cost. (Is that free beer? It certainly doesn't sound
13 > >> like Free Speech...)
14 > >
15 > > There is also a 60-day time limit on the un-paid-for version of VMware
16 > > Workstation, as I recall.
17 > >
18 > > - --
19 > >
20 > > The Doctor [412/724/301/703]
21 >
22 > I got VirtualBox up and running with XP but nothing much more
23 > yesterday as I ran into XP licensing issues again with M$ and sort of
24 > backed off.
25 >
26 > I haven't figured out what's up with vmware-player networking yet. I
27 > can get to the web in a browser just fine, do updates through M$
28 > Update, do GMail. It looks perfect. However WinSCP running in
29 > vmware-player isn't yet finding other machines on my network. IIRC
30 > there were different models of networking you could set up. I have to
32 > determine if the new machine is really fast enough to run TradeStation
33 > and, very importantly, if the networking is stable enough and
34 > transparent enough to allow me to connect to their network for real
35 > futures trading. That will force me to dig in if it isn't OK right
36 > now.
39 are you sure that it isn't your routing tables that aren't ok? try
40 tracerouting the ip you're trying to access and see if you can reach it.
41 if you cannot you'd have to add the correct routing entries in windows
42 routing tables.
45 dott. ing. beso