From: Drake Donahue <donahue95@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problem with latest timezone update?
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 17:02:46
1 ----- Original Message -----
2 From: "Mark Haney" <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
3 To: <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
4 Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:22 AM
5 Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Problem with latest timezone update?
8 > Okay, here's something I can't seem to figure out. My laptop time
9 > doesn't want to stay sync'd. I always run ntpd at boot time to keep it
10 > in sync, but now, when I boot without an ethernet cable hooked up, it's
11 > over 5 hours off. It didn't do this until I updated the timezone just
12 > after Christmas. /etc/conf.d/clock is set to my timezone (EST5EDT) and
13 > /etc/localtime is symlinked to the correct timezone.
14 >
15 > I thought maybe the BIOS clock was wrong, but it's not 5 hours off,
16 > maybe a minute or so. I tried setting the HWclock to system time and
17 > that didn't fix it. Any ideas on what else to try?
18 >
19 Could it be this simple? Quoting:
20
21 # /etc/conf.d/clock
22
23 # Set CLOCK to "UTC" if your system clock is set to UTC (also known as
24 # Greenwich Mean Time). If your clock is set to the local time, then
25 # set CLOCK to "local". Note that if you dual boot with Windows, then
26 # you should set it to "local".
27
28 CLOCK="local"
29
30 > --
31 > Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!
34 > Mark Haney
35 > Sr. Systems Administrator
36 > ERC Broadband
37 > (828) 350-2415
38 >
39 > Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
40 > --
41 > gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list
44 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list