From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Change Install Prefix
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 23:32:13
1 Frank Peters wrote:
2 > Since I would only want to relocate a relatively small number of packages,
3 > another solution I am considering is to emerge with the option
4 > --buildpkgonly to create a binary package. This package can then be
5 > unpacked to the desired location. Also, sed can be used to change all
6 > instances of /usr/lib64, /usr/include, etc., in the *.la and *.pc
7 > files to the appropriate directory. The file package.provided would
8 > also have to updated to inform portage that the package is actually
9 > available. This may seem rather tedious, but a shell script could
10 > automate the process. It may not be elegant, but it would work.
11
12 It would not. At least not always. A compiled package might look for
13 it's datafiles in /usr/share. If you compile it with --prefix=/usr and
14 then move it to /usr/local, the program will obviously not work.
15
16 I know because I wrote software that does exactly this :P