From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Problems With Latest Xorg-server-1.7.1
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:37:45
1 On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:31:46 -0400
2 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
5 > The zoom key issue, however, is a different matter. At first
6 > I thought that using xrandr to change screen resolutions would
7 > be an adequate substitute. Xrandr does work, but the resulting
8 > screen layout is much different...
11 I found a better substitute than xandr for this problem: xvidtune.
12
13 Xvidtune allows stepping through the various modes without destroying
14 the virtual desktop.
15
16 Using xvidtune is not as quick and easy as the zoom keys but at least
17 the zoom functionality is restored. Until this problem is resolved
18 by Xorg I will have what I need.
19
20 Frank Peters