From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] What happened to Simon Stelling (blubb)?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:39:55
1 On 4/17/07, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 17 April 2007 21:29:01 Duncan wrote:
3 > > I see him listed as having retired in GWN, and no longer listed as a dev
4 > > on amd64.gentoo.org, but I saw no resignation note on either dev or here,
5 > > neither have I seen anything about it until reading it in GWN.
6 >
7 > Mmm.. guess you don't read the planet..
8 >
9 > http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/blubb
10 >
11 > --
12 > Bo Andresen
15 Like others here I always found Simon quite helpful.
16
17 Reading through a few of his (hopefully not) final posts I see that
18 Simon was going to start serving in the Swiss army around the 1st of
19 April. I will hold out a little hope that his departure from Gentoo
20 might have been hastened a bit by the stress of such a large life
21 change. Maybe he'll be back when his service is complete. I know he
22 will be welcomed.
23
24 Cheers,
25 Mark