From: Dieter Ries <Clip2@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problems after upgrading to 4GB Ram
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 23:18:33
1 hi,
2 when i upgraded from 512MB to 1024MB, system got unstable, too. in my case the memory-chips didnt macht for dual channel mode. memtest didn't find any errors, but system crashed every 5 minutes. then i disabled dual channel and it worked, perhaps try that.
5 cu
6 Dieter
9 > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
10 > Datum: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 23:04:59 +0100
11 > Von: Richard Lucking <lists@×××××××.org>
12 > An: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
13 > Betreff: [gentoo-amd64] Problems after upgrading to 4GB Ram
14 >
15 > I'm mananged to solve most Gentoo problems myself in the past - but this
16 > is
17 > really confusing me, so I'd appreciate any suggestions.
18 >
19 > I've got a Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 motherboard, which had 2GB of memory, and
20 > worked perfectly. I upgraded to 4GB, and have spent the last 24 hours
21 > trying
22 > to get everything to work again!
23 >
24 > memtest86plus was running overnight, with no errors, so I assume the
25 > memory
26 > is fine.
27 >
28 > The system is very unstable now, and will lock up at random intervals -
29 > during booting, starting firefox, random points compiling kernels, etc etc
30 > etc.
31 >
32 > I removed some memory, so I could compile a kernel with MMU options that I
33 > thought might help, but to no avail.
34 >
35 > Additionally, if I go into the BIOS and enable:
36 > Advance Chipset Features -> MEM Remap (4G RAM Support)
37 > The following appears at the end of dmesg:
38 >
39 > skge eth0: enabling interface
40 > skge 0000:02:0b.0: PCI error cmd=0x7 status=0x22b0
41 > skge unable to clear error (so ignoring them)
42 > skge eth0: Link is up at 100 Mbps, full duplex, flow control tx and rx
43 >
44 > and there is no networking - although ifconfig reports the "correct"
45 > details. With it disabled, networking works.
46 >
47 > Any suggestions/pointers would be appreciated, as I feel like I've tried
48 > everything!
49 >
50 > Cheers
51 > Richard
52 >
53 > --
54 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
59 "Feel free" – 10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS/Monat ...
60 Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail
61 --
62 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list