From: Lee Thompson <bm55b@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Mobo recommendations
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:16:43
1 Lots of great pointers Duncan thank you. I'll poke
2 around a bit and report back. I think your sig file
3 says it all. I figure the XenSource BIOS abstration
4 layer wull end up making it into motherboards as a
5 full BIOS over time. That would spell the end of the
6 closed BIOS mess we all enjoy at the moment.
7
8 Spending time trolling msg boards hunting for fixes, I
9 think there is definitely enough serious grey matter
10 in the overclocker world to support an active open
11 source bios effort. Tyan would probably be the first
12 to make the jump in the consumer market.
13
14 --- Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
15
16 ...
17 > That said and after reading the forum thread you
18 > linked above, mentioning
19 > that the PATA side seemed to load fine, have you
20 > tried booting to either
21 > a PATA hard drive or a LiveCD, compiled with the
22 > SATA drivers as modules,
23 > and loading them after successful boot? There's no
24 > mention of that in the
25 > forum thread.
26 ...
31 Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.
32 http://farechase.yahoo.com
33 --
34 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list