From: "P.V.Anthony" <pvantony@×××××××××××.sg>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Hard Drive Stress Test Application
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:09:17
1 On this day, 26-April-2007 11:45 AM, Peter Davoust wrote:
2 > I like the last two ideas, send me pictures once you've tried it.
3 > Seriously, there must be some way to "overclock" your data bus, other
4 > than that I'm not sure there's much you can do with hard disks. As far
5 > as I know that kind of stuff is governed by the CPU, so overclocking the
6 > CPU might give you're drive a run for it's money, although I imagine
7 > motherboards these days are smarter than the 8085 board sitting on my
8 > desk. Realisticly, the only way I could see stress testing them would be
9 > through some kind of overclocking or pulling clocking capacitors from
10 > your motherboard which I'm assuming you don't want to do. Why do you
11 > want to stress test them anyway?
12
13 Just wanted to be sure that I patched the kernel properly. I patched it
14 manually. So I am not sure if I have done everything correctly.
15
16 Want to be sure that the drives will not just unmount or hang.
17
18 P.V.Anthony
19 --
20 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list