From: Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Hard Drive Stress Test Application
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 03:47:40
1 I like the last two ideas, send me pictures once you've tried it. Seriously,
2 there must be some way to "overclock" your data bus, other than that I'm not
3 sure there's much you can do with hard disks. As far as I know that kind of
4 stuff is governed by the CPU, so overclocking the CPU might give you're
5 drive a run for it's money, although I imagine motherboards these days are
6 smarter than the 8085 board sitting on my desk. Realisticly, the only way I
7 could see stress testing them would be through some kind of overclocking or
8 pulling clocking capacitors from your motherboard which I'm assuming you
9 don't want to do. Why do you want to stress test them anyway?
10
11 -Peter
12