From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: icedtea6 and seamonkey
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:01:35
1 2008/12/17 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>:
2 > Stan Sander <stsander@×××××.net> posted 49486325.5090601@×××××.net,
3 > excerpted below, on Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:25:41 -0700:
4 >
5 >> eselect java-nsplugin list
6 >> Available 32-bit Java browser plugins
7 >> [1] emul-linux-x86-java-1.6 current [2]
8 >> emul-linux-x86-java-1.6-plugin2
9 >> Available 64-bit Java browser plugins
10 >> [1] icedtea6 current
11 >>
12 >> But, here is where I'm at a loss and hoping someone can kick me in the
13 >> right direction. When I launch my 64-bit seamonkey and do about:plugins
14 >> icedtea6 doesn't show up and pages with java applets indicate I need a
15 >> java plugin.
16 >
17 > Take a look at flameeyes' blog. He had a writeup on 64-bit icedtea and
18 > some of the remaining hurdles to getting it really working properly on
19 > amd64, probably a couple weeks ago.
20 >
21 well, maybe normal users or users who don't really care about proprietaryware
22 would do better to wait for the latest java update to hit portage,
23 since it includes
24 an official sun java nsplugin for 64bits.
25 as for iced tea i think that it's the same of openjdk. am i wrong on this?
28 dott. ing. beso