From: Stan Sander <stsander@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: icedtea6 and seamonkey
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:24:20
1 Beso wrote:
2 > 2008/12/17 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>:
3 >
4 >> Stan Sander <stsander@×××××.net> posted 49486325.5090601@×××××.net,
5 >> excerpted below, on Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:25:41 -0700:
8 >>> eselect java-nsplugin list
9 >>> Available 32-bit Java browser plugins
10 >>> [1] emul-linux-x86-java-1.6 current [2]
11 >>> emul-linux-x86-java-1.6-plugin2
12 >>> Available 64-bit Java browser plugins
13 >>> [1] icedtea6 current
14 >>>
15 >>> But, here is where I'm at a loss and hoping someone can kick me in the
16 >>> right direction. When I launch my 64-bit seamonkey and do about:plugins
17 >>> icedtea6 doesn't show up and pages with java applets indicate I need a
18 >>> java plugin.
19 >>>
20 >> Take a look at flameeyes' blog. He had a writeup on 64-bit icedtea and
21 >> some of the remaining hurdles to getting it really working properly on
22 >> amd64, probably a couple weeks ago.
25 > well, maybe normal users or users who don't really care about proprietaryware
26 > would do better to wait for the latest java update to hit portage,
27 > since it includes
28 > an official sun java nsplugin for 64bits.
29 > as for iced tea i think that it's the same of openjdk. am i wrong on this?
32 Thanks Duncan and Beso. I knew I could count on you guys. :D
33
34 I already read through flameeyes' blog, but was just hoping that I was missing
35 something simple or someone else on this list had it working. Perhaps the best thing
36 to do is wait for update 12 to sun's java and the 64-bit plugin that will come with it.
37 ('Bout darned time!!)
38
39 After that, the next project will be to dump the multilib profile.
43 Stan & Tashi