From: Tonko Mulder <tonko.mulder@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Ebuild HOWTO
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:00:25
1 On 6/4/08, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Okay, I've gone over the docs and the HOWTOs on gentoo.org and I'm still a
3 > wee bit (okay maybe a lot) fuzzy on developing/updating ebuilds.
4 >
5 > I have a particular app I use quite often (DVDStyler), but the ebuild in
6 > portage is pretty old (1.5.2_p2) compared to the latest version available
7 > (1.6.2), the difference being about a year between them.
8 >
9 > I know I can just compile the source for the latest, but I'd like to update
10 > the ebuild to learn how to do it. The docs however, aren't helpful from the
11 > standpoint that there's no clear cut procedure for setting up a devel
12 > environment for building/testing an ebuild locally without becoming a gentoo
13 > developer, per se.
14 >
15 > Me, I rather like having step-by-step instructions on my first go round so
16 > I can 'do it right' the first time, then I'll know how to fix it if I bork
17 > something.
18 >
19 > Is there something like that floating around?
20 >
21 > Mark Haney
22
23 Mark,
24
25 is a local layman repo something for you?
26 I found this link http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Sync_your_private_overlay
27 Hope this is of some help :)
28 --
29 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list