From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Does layman actually work?
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 15:02:57
1 Hello again, after three weeks' pain or more.
2
3 I see from the GWN that layman is out. I tried it, but it complains about my
4 proxy server, thus:
5
6 # layman -f
7 * Fatal error: Failed to fetch overlay list!
8 * Fatal error: Error was: Failed to fetch the overlay list from:
9 http://dev.gentoo.org/~wrobel/layman/global-overlays.xml
10 * Fatal error: Error was:[Errno url error] invalid proxy for
11 http: 'gate.prhnet:3128'
12 * Fatal error(s) - aborting
13
14 gate.prhnet is my proxy server, and of course portage and every other
15 program are perfectly happy using it. So why is layman complaining? Perhaps
16 I should raise a bug, but I thought I'd check here first.
19 Rgds
20 Peter.
21 --
22 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list