From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: FAT tools, where ?
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 22:03:25
1 Juan Fco. Giordana posted on Thu, 03 Dec 2009 07:31:01 +0000 as excerpted:
2
3 > alain.didierjean@××××.fr wrote:
4 >> I need vfat tools (mkfs.vfat, fsck.vfat...) and can't figure out the
5 >> package to which they belong. Help welcome...
8 > sys-fs/dosfstools :P
9
10 LOL. Didn't know we had that many list readers!
11
12 (FWIW, I format everything reiserfs or ext2/3/4, here, and haven't used
13 fat, at least not to the degree I'd need to fsck or mkfs it, if someone
14 not on Linux needs a file, it goes by net and they download it to their
15 own fs, since my Mandrake days at least (I switched to Gentoo in early
16 2004), so was perhaps one of the few here that did /not/ know what
17 package those utilities were in.)
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman