From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: FAT tools, where ?
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 04:00:53
1 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> skribis:
2 > (FWIW, I format everything reiserfs or ext2/3/4, here, and haven't used
3 > fat, at least not to the degree I'd need to fsck or mkfs it, if someone
4 > not on Linux needs a file, it goes by net and they download it to their
5 > own fs, since my Mandrake days at least (I switched to Gentoo in early
6 > 2004), so was perhaps one of the few here that did /not/ know what
7 > package those utilities were in.)
8
9 Depending on what the DOS fs stuff is for, sys-fs/ntfs3g might be a
10 better option, anyway, though I have a vfat partition from before I
11 discovered ntfs3g, and would keep dosfstools (and the kernel support)
12 and/or mtools around anyway, for working with those very occasional
13 floppies.