From: Joshua Hoblitt <jhoblitt@××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Tyan Motherboards
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 22:11:37
1 On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 07:13:20AM -0700, Bob Sanders wrote:
2 > On the original subject - my Tyan S2885 is still running strong as my office
3 > workstation, since 2006. More than I can say for the ECS ATI R690 chipset
4 > I had to upgrade to at home due to a failing system - way too easy to lock it up.
5
6 The S288x series of boards are/were great. Probably because all of the
7 hyper-transport connected components are from the same vendor (AMD). I'd
8 still consider this series if you can live without PCI-e. Unfortunately
9 there are all sort of compatibility problems between PCI-X cards and
10 chipsets. Compatibility issues are what prompted my move to boards with
11 an NVidia PCI-e implementation.
12
13 -J