From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Hurray! Radeon KMS in 2.6.31
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 15:27:39
1 Lie Ryan <lie.1296@×××××.com> posted 4A3AB740.4080109@×××××.com, excerpted
2 below, on Fri, 19 Jun 2009 07:53:04 +1000:
3
4 > start OpenOffice (since restarting X closed it)
5
6 FWIW, at least KDE sessions should eliminate that bit. If you have the
7 option set to do so, it restarts apps you had running when you quit.
8 (There's blacklists for apps you don't want restarted. I have konsole
9 listed there, for instance, as most of the time I was done with whatever
10 anyway when I logged out, and if I wasn't, restarting is a two-key hotkey
11 away.) I normally keep a pan instance going all the time, since
12 restarting it with a cold cache takes a bit, so having it restart with
13 the session is particularly useful.
14
15 But I don't know if other desktop environments have that sort of session
16 management. Apparently whatever you were running didn't.
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman