From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: kernel 2.6.16-rc1, rc2 (vanilla), no keyboard (atkbd)!
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:51:17
1 Duncan posted <pan.2006.02.18.22.24.49.537946@×××.net>, excerpted below,
2 on Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:24:50 -0700:
3
4 > However, I've narrowed it down to precisely the git-snapshot it happened
5 > with. 2.6.15-git10 works, 2.6.15-git11 doesn't.
6
7 I decided to go ahead and trace further after all, after reading the
8 BUG-HUNTING.txt kernel documentation. Turns out it wasn't a keyboard
9 issue, directly, but a change in the (ps2) mouse poll handling, which
10 somehow blocks the keyboard. I narrowed it down to the problem line.
15 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
16 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
20 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list