From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kdelibs don't compile after upgrade to GCC4.1.1 UPDATE - AAAGH!
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:55:28
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > On Freitag, 27. April 2007, Mark Haney wrote:
3 >
4 >> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Thursday 26 April 2007, "Mark Haney" <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote
7 >>> about 'Re: [gentoo-amd64] kdelibs don't compile after upgrade to GCC4.1.1
8 >>>
9 >>> UPDATE - AAAGH!':
10 >>>
11 >>>> Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
12 >>>>
13 >>>>> On Thursday 26 April 2007 23:43:41 Mark Haney wrote:
14 >>>>>
15 >>>>>> KDElibs refuses to compile regardless of what I try to do,
16 >>>>>> even after re-reading and following the wiki page about the upgrade.
17 >>>>>>
18 >>>>> What wiki? Why are you following a wiki? What you should be following
19 >>>>> is: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-upgrading.xml
20 >>>>>
21 >>>> Yes, this is the page I was following. I called it wiki in the generic
22 >>>> sense.
23 >>>>
24 >>> WTH does that mean? Last I checked, the official Gentoo documentation
25 >>> wasn't community-editable which would seem requisite for something called
26 >>> a wiki.
27 >>>
28 >>> Or has wiki gotten so general now it just means "web page"?
29 >>>
30 >> Good grief. Okay, I stand corrected, it's NOT a wiki. I fail to see
31 >> that _that_ is the real issue here.
35 > for some it is an issue - the gentoo wiki is know for dubious information. ;)
36 >
37 > So when you say you followed 'the wiki', wrong information there is the first
38 > thought.
39 >
40 > Hm, your problem is strange - a lot of KDE using people did not have your
41 > problem. Have you searched the gentoo bugzilla?
44 Honestly? No. But that's not out of ignorance, it's simply a matter of
45 time. I am hoping that at some point, I'll tackle the upgrade again
46 when I have time to debug the issue. Believe me, I'm aggravated about
47 it, but not about Gentoo in general. I was expecting it to be a simple
48 enough matter like most things are in Gentoo, but it wasn't. I'll debug
49 the problem when I get time.
53 Mark Haney
54 Sr. Systems Administrator
55 ERC Broadband