From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: ~amd64 vs portage.unmask
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 04:08:27
1 El Mie, 28 de Enero de 2009, 4:21, Mark Knecht escribió:
2
3 > Makes sense. By giving the exact package revision I'm saying that's
4 > the one I want. I don't need any additional wild card of any type.
5 >
6 > Additionally is address my other frustrating with this where I want
7 > and need some version, say 2.18.1, so I use ~amd64 to get it, and then over
8 > time the system builds 2.18.2, 2.18.3, 2.18.4, etc., which I don't need
9 > and personalyl don't want until one of them goes stable.
10
11 Just to clear it a bit. One thing is the version and another
12 (unrelated) thing is the architecture. Having a version number
13 has nothing to do with having or not having the architecture
14 flag at the end of the line, they are separated matters.
15
16 To keyword/unmask/mask or whatever a given version of a package
17 you use =category/package, you could use <=, >=, > or < as well.
18
19 About the architecture thingie, the whole point is that if you
20 don't specify an architecture flag it assumes you mean the unstable
21 branch of your default architecture.
22
23 So, if you are in amd64 and you use this on package.keywords:
24
25 =category/package-x.y
26
27 It really means
28
29 =category/package-x.y ~amd64
30
31 But if you are in x86 that line would be equivalent to
32
33 =category/package-x.y ~x86
34
35 And do on.
36
37 The fact that you specify a version doesn't have anything
38 to do with the need for an arch flag.
41 Additionally you should really read this if you have real
42 interest in this thing:
43
44 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=3#doc_chap2
45