From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Wifi adaptor recommendations
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2016 09:40:13
1 Duncan posted on Wed, 01 Jun 2016 12:41:44 +0000 as excerpted:
2
3 > Duncan posted on Sun, 29 May 2016 10:55:30 +0000 as excerpted:
4 >
5 >> Duncan posted on Tue, 24 May 2016 21:47:57 +0000 as excerpted:
6 >>
7 >>> But, unless it's effectively an Ethernet connected router, so no
8 >>> drivers,
9 >>> I'll need to pick it up and install drivers and a wifi config before I
10 >>> actually move, so I don't get stuck needing a connection to get the
11 >>> drivers to use /for/ the connection.
12 >>
13 >> Hmm, Fry's seems to have a...
14 >>
15 >> Netgear WNCE3001 Wireless Dual-Band Internet Adapter for Smart TV and
16 >> Blu-
17 >> ray
18 >>
19 >> http://www.frys.com/product/6776745
20 >>
21 >> It's a dual-band N600 "bridge", with a single Ethernet port to plug in
22 >> whatever Ethernet device and connect it wirelessly.
23 >
24 > Well I got it yesterday, and today's the move. I'll be signing off the
25 > net here and unplugging in a few minutes. With some luck I'll be back
26 > on, using the bridge, 2nite or 2morrow. If I'm missing a few days (or
27 > months, but I can't see that happening), you know things didn't go as
28 > planned...
29
30 Took me a couple days to recuperate and get things back together in the
31 hotel, but I'm up and running on the old router now connected via that
32 wifi bridge, now. =:^) I won't get much sleep as I spent the nite
33 plugging stuff together (after getting it pretty much laid out yesterday)
34 and now on a selected few updates in my most common lists, and I don't
35 know how well it actually works just yet, but at least it works well
36 enough to send this reply...
42 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman