From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Initial install issues
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:14:19
1 On Wednesday 31 May 2006 16:58, Lance Jacobs wrote:
2
3 > Just FYI, I have this fixed now, and you were right on the money. I
4 > wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it, but it was the RAM. I
5 > replaced the OCZ memory with equivalent parts from Crucial, and the
6 > system is fine now. It still seems strange that many things seemed to
7 > run fine with the old RAM, except for bunzip2 and md5sum, and now
8 > everything is good -- only some code is intolerant of bad bits?
9
10 sometimes the ram shows errors only with certain bit patterns. If this
11 patterns are the bunzip or md5sum code, you are out of luck ...
12 --
13 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list