From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: qt-4.3.0-r2 failed compile
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:09:08
1 "Pete Pardoe" <pete.pardoe@×××××.com> posted
2 6c6bf1720709111351r5ffbde4cgd947e3e95bbd8bea@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:51:01 -0300:
4
5 > Mark
6 >
7 > I have it and have ignored it but it would be nice to get rid of. Did
8 > you recieve a solution from anyone?
9
10 Is your problem related (as discussed in a subthread) to gcc-3, or are
11 you still getting it with gcc-4.1? Note that if you didn't unmerge
12 gcc-3, it'll still be there, and if you didn't gcc-config -> 4.x, the
13 system will still be using it by default. Even if you switched to gcc-4,
14 if you didn't do the suggested emerge --emptytree world afterward, you
15 likely have old gcc-3 compiled packages on your system that may be
16 causing dependency issues.
17
18 (Note that I've not merged qt4 here yet myself, but am thinking about it
19 more strongly as the kde4 release gets closer. KDE of course being my
20 desktop of choice. Thus, I may be running into such issues myself pretty
21 soon. If you're still having issues and it's not due to trying to
22 compile using gcc-3, I'm interested.)
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
30 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list