From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: qt-4.3.0-r2 failed compile
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:35:30
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > "Pete Pardoe" <pete.pardoe@×××××.com> posted
3 > 6c6bf1720709111351r5ffbde4cgd947e3e95bbd8bea@××××××××××.com, excerpted
4 > below, on Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:51:01 -0300:
5 >
6 >> Mark
7 >>
8 >> I have it and have ignored it but it would be nice to get rid of. Did
9 >> you recieve a solution from anyone?
10 >
11 > Is your problem related (as discussed in a subthread) to gcc-3, or are
12 > you still getting it with gcc-4.1? Note that if you didn't unmerge
13 > gcc-3, it'll still be there, and if you didn't gcc-config -> 4.x, the
14 > system will still be using it by default. Even if you switched to gcc-4,
15 > if you didn't do the suggested emerge --emptytree world afterward, you
16 > likely have old gcc-3 compiled packages on your system that may be
17 > causing dependency issues.
18 >
19 > (Note that I've not merged qt4 here yet myself, but am thinking about it
20 > more strongly as the kde4 release gets closer. KDE of course being my
21 > desktop of choice. Thus, I may be running into such issues myself pretty
22 > soon. If you're still having issues and it's not due to trying to
23 > compile using gcc-3, I'm interested.)
26 Duncan, so far it looks like the unmerging of gcc-3 seems to have fixed
27 the problem. Although I did have to re-emerge openjade as well, but all
28 in all it has compiled successfully on my test system. Granted I"ve not
29 tried with my laptop as yet, but I don't expect any problems since I've
30 managed to get it compiled fine once.
33 Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!
36 Mark Haney
37 Sr. Systems Administrator
38 ERC Broadband
39 (828) 350-2415
40
41 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
42 --
43 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list