From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] DHCP and Portage
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:17:43
1 Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > Ryan Rice wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'm having trouble getting my network connection configured. It's a Broadcom
5 >> BCM5704C . I can 'ifconfig eth0' and have the port information come back, but
6 >> it won't DHCP what so ever. Any ideas?
7 >>
8 >> Also, Is it possible to install Portage via CDROM rather than over the net?
11 > What about if you just google up the question instead of giving us nearly zero
12 > info and expecting to throw the answer at you? Really, it shouldn't be all that
13 > hard.
16 More info would be nice, but for the sake of argument, have you tried
17 'dhcpcd eth0'? Or running whichever dhcp client you have to see if it
18 gets you an IP?
21 Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
22
23 Mark Haney
24 Sr. Systems Administrator
25 ERC Broadband