From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How do I choose a second window manager?
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:19:09
2 > QUESTION: Is there something small, fast but also easy to use in
3 > terms of the environment automatically creating menus when apps are
4 > added or removed with emerge?
7 Openbox is my choice for a window manager. Openbox is fast and small
8 and that well suits my minimalistic approach. Openbox also provides
9 virtual desktops that are, IMO, indispensable to a graphical interface.
10
11 With Openbox there is no automatic method to create menus but the
12 configuration files are very easy to manually edit. Once a basic
13 menu structure is established, a simple cut and paste operation can
14 be used to quickly update.
15
16 There is also a configuration tool available for Openbox, but since
17 I have never used it I cannot comment about it.
18
19 Frank Peters