From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: sudden sound loss
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:29:47
1 On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 07:16 -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Well for me, the trick in alsamixer is to look at the bottom of each
3 > 'bar graph' and see if it has 'MM' in it instead of the infinity symbol.
4 > I am pretty sure that's a standard set of symbols for that. The 'MM'
5 > is for muted' and the infinity symbol is for unmuted.
8 I have a question related to alsamixer, although not related to the
9 subject.
10
11 On my box with VIA chipset, alsamixer has a 'spread front to surround'
12 control that duplicates the same signal on front and surround output
13 jacks.
14
15 There is no similar control on the box with the NVIDIA 430. Is it a
16 configuration problem on my side? Anybody know how could I obtain the
17 same effect without that control?
18
19 raf
22 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list