From: Jason Booth <jbooth@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Processor Temprature
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 07:51:10
1 On Saturday 07 October 2006 07:15, Paul Stear wrote:
2 > I have started using the athlon cool and quiet facility with cpudyn.
3 > However, ksensors show that the processor speed reduced from 2200 to 10000
4 > during low activity but the processor temprature remains at 40 degree C.
5 > I was expecting this to reduce. Is this temp normal?
6 > For anybody who has an Athlon 64 3500 - What temps are you showing.
7 >
8 > Thanks for any help
9 > Paul
10 It's been a funky night, and I'm about to anounce myself to this list because
11 it's new for me, and....
12 this not having anything to do with you at all, I think this list has been
13 full of B.S. lately and hard to join
14
15 I'm running an amd64 3500 at 2.2ghz and I don't think I compiled my kernel
16 with support for temperature.
17
18 If your compiles aren't failing and sed/gcc or anything that deals with
19 floating point numbers isn't failing, you're not too hot or too overclocked
20 or, as my dumb donkey thinks, not overclocked enough.
21
22 cheers,
23 jbooth
24
25 > --
26 > This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
27 --
28 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list