From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re:
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:10:11
1 Gavin Seddon <gavin.m.seddon@×××××××××××××.uk> posted
2 46919C4F.8000109@×××××××××××××.uk, excerpted below, on Mon, 09 Jul 2007
3 03:24:15 +0100:
4
5 > I have opened this thread by accident, pls excuse if I'm butting in. I
6 > now have Gentoo running on alpha, x86, the laptop, amd64 and soon to be
7 > mips. I subscribe to all lists tho' I rarely post..
8 >
9 > When I first started a few years ago coming from Debian, the users where
10 > very helpful but I to was intimidated with some kirt remarks. I think
11 > one should remember gentoo can be an intimidating system
12
13 Glad to see you back! =8^) I had been hoping you hadn't been driven away
14 due to some of the replies I saw to you... then didn't see you around any
15 more, so I'm glad to see you posting again. =8^)
16
17 Me? My most potentially rude replies are generally to the folks who post
18 in HTML, which is IMO a security issue when it appears in mail or news,
19 and to a lessor extent those who continually top post. Still, I tend to
20 answer the question along with my request to quit the netiquette
21 violations, and only kill file those who continue them, repeatedly and
22 consistently. I figure it's my reply, if they don't like me reminding
23 them of netiquette along with my answer to their question, they can just
24 killfile me, as I'll likely killfile them if they continue the netiquette
25 violations.
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
33 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list