From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Boycott Systemd
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 16:35:06
1 Lie Ryan <lie.1296@×××××.com> skribis:
2 > Encouraging pointless differences is not supporting diversity. In
3 > contrary, encouraging pointless differences *kills* diversity.
4 > Diversity is a mean to the end of producing better software system, it
5 > isn't an end of itself. If having less diversity means that I can take
6 > my software, bring it to another totally different system, and it
7 > works just as well as it was, then so be it.
8
9 This argument has little power with the intended audience, because the
10 software you are intent on bringing to another system is precisely the
11 software one like myself is complaining about for its being
12 difference-intolerant due to bad system design. We do not like
13 it. Besides which, there _are_ other criteria by which to judge
14 software.