From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Wayland and X-Window
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 15:38:48
1 David Klann posted on Sat, 19 Oct 2013 10:10:06 -0500 as excerpted:
2
3 > Ahem. Duncan, I was ready to archive this reply: tl;dr, but I'm glad I
4 > stuck with it. It's a long read, but I sincerely appreciate your
5 > perspective and detailed analysis of the current state of Wayland and
6 > dbus/udev.
7
8 Thanks. FWIW that tends to be my style and people seem to either love or
9 hate it. I've lots of thanks from people that find it helpful... but I
10 know there are others that ultimately killfile "Duncan's ranblings" too.
11
12 And I'm OK with that. I've always felt one has an absolute right to a
13 killfile, with or without reason given, and if they truly find my posts a
14 waste, then honestly, killfiling them probably is best.
15
16 But thanks for reminding me. I've been trying to remember a tl;dr
17 summary when I get into "epistle mode", and obviously I forgot on that
18 one, so the reminder (as well as the thanks=:^) is definitely appreciated.
19
20 And not to break my arm patting myself on the back or anything, but in
21 all seriousness, if someone spends as much time on the Linux news sites
22 as I do and can't have /some/ clue about general trends such as wayland
23 and systemd, they really need to reevaluate what they're doing with that
24 time. So hopefully I'm at least somewhat close, because if I'm not, I
25 really am wasting a lot of time for nothing! And if I can help someone
26 else with what I've gleaned, so much the better as it's more payback for
27 the investment! =:^)
28
29 Long (typical Duncan I guess) way of saying... thanks! =:^)
34 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman