From: Dieter Ries <clip2@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Hi and init problem
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 16:09:00
1 Hi,
2
3 I am new to the list so i am going to tell you who i am and then ask my first
4 question.
5
6 my name is Dieter Ries, i am an 19 year old (yet)pupil from germany, near
7 wiesbaden.
8 i am running gentoo 2005.1 on my desktop (amd64 3000+) and on my laptop (P3
9 500MHz).
10
11 my first problem is an init problem concerning filesystem checks.
12
13 everytime i boot up my gentoo-machine, all filesystems get checked. at first i
14 thought that perhaps reiser was not able to handle my maxtor 300GB S-ATA
15 disk, so today i changed to Ext3 fs. But the problem is still there. i had
16 checkfs and checkroot removed from all the runlevels using rc-update, but
17 rc-status -a said both started in runlevel UNASSIGNED. I tried pushing it to
18 BOOT because BOOT is before localmount i think, but it had no effect.
19
20 with e3fs it only takes about 5 seconds to check, but i dont think it is
21 necessary to check all the filesystems everytime i boot..
22
23 hope someone can help me, if you need further information i'll send, just ask.
24
25 cu
26 Dieter
30 Frank Castle is dead!